Est. 12/09

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Global Phenomenon

Okay Uglies! Happy New Year!
It being 2010, i was reflecting back on the last year and have relized that Farmville was a major part of my life… and i now feel the overpowering need to share my deep love and passion i have for this game. I have been addicted for almost 6 months now… It all started last summer when I got an invitation to join. I was curious so I tried it out... not knowing the dangers, risks and addictivness of the game i slowly built up my farm larger and larger...I’m currently on level 39... and steadily leveling up. I own a villa, the biggest farm available, tons of animals, and I am currently working to get a lodge. I have mastered sunflowers, lavender, red tulips, peas and eggplants. I am now working to master soybeans. I plan everything I do in my life around when my crops are ready. It is a serious problem. If you are a player, you know the detailed strategy involved in planting and harvesting.
Here is a photo of my good lookin farm.



Tori Vallana, co-author of Indefinite Cacophobia said, “I have been involved in Mafia Wars, Sorority Life, Pet Society, School of Wizardry…and I just can’t afford to get addicted again.”

I have also played many of these same Facebook games, and I cannot deny the addictiveness of them, but no other game have I continued playing so long and even compares to the amount of fun and fulfillment one receives from playing Farmville.
Kim McDonagh, co-author of Indefinite Cacophobnia said, “It’s all I think about. I want to quit everything I’m involved in to become a full time farmer. Instead of setting academic and athletic goals, I have Farmville goals. It has even recently started causing family problems.”

Me and Kim’s friendship has grown greatly through Farmville. We call each other frequently and have up to 2 hour conversations solely about Farmville. We send each other gifts every day, leave messages on each other’s farm, and we will even hack each other’s farm if one won’t be able to harvest for that day. Not only is Farmville great for strengthening existing friendships, but also for creating friendships. We have many “Farmville Friends” as we call them random people that we have never talked to and aren’t friends with in real life, but we send each other gifts everyday and sometimes leave messages for each other.

Check out me and Kim’s saweeet video we made about Farmville. It’s titled “Farmville-a global phenomenon”. Part 1: Tik Tok by ke$ha Farmville Spoof Music Video
Part 2: Farmville Documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxIdeuKC8Zc

9 comments:

nerfking said...

I Being a formor farmville addict and currently fishville addict that you might just be going a tad bit overboard I am currently loading intrest in fishville and hope never to become addicted to anything like this ever again haha but I must say dropping everything and going to harvest your crops is kindof scarry haha

Nicole said...

youre dyslexic

nerfking said...

and a pro at nerf wars

Corinne Lingard said...

farmville...again...

Caitlin said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Wow. I never realized that Farmville could be so addicting and friendship forming. Only two months ago, I hopped on the Pet Society bandwagon and was instantly hooked at making my pet Buttons shine! Fortunately, I have gotten help and I have limited my time playing Pet Society, but I can understand where you are coming from.

Caitlin said...

HAHAHA. pet society! kill. buttons. :) and congrats on breaking your addiction!

Anonymous said...

dear caitlin, this blog was definitely a step up from your first. i understand your farmville addiction from my brief affair. but i quit cold turkey.
i'm glad that even though farmville has limited your life, you can still make farmville friends.
good job.

Caitlin said...

hahaha thanks srpsdancer! yeah you got out quick, not sure how you did that. lol