Est. 12/09

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Why Am I Not Crying?


I am completely done with high school. Although, it hasn't hit me yet. Graduation day always seemed unreachable. Don't get me wrong, I knew I was going to pass but it was always too far to grasp. Since freshman year, I have been dreaming day when I would get my diploma and well, I can tell you it wasn't what I thought it would be.

Graduation day should have been a whirlwind of emotions but instead I hardly felt anything. I didn't cry or even tear up for that matter. I walked across the stage, got my diploma and that was it. Graduation should be emotional, but why wasn't it for me? It just felt unreal. I kinda feel like I missed it. Like I just watched graduation, rather than been a part of it. Two hours of my life to conclude twelve years of schooling and I feel nothing. Looking back now, I realize that's the last time I am going to see most of those people. People I have shared classes with, laughter with, memories with and grown up seeing almost daily. But, I mean there is a reason they won't be in my future, right? Is that why I wasn't upset? Maybe, I am just really really ready for college. But that doesn't seem to explain the lack of emotion and feeling. How long will it take me to realize that this is it, it's over and I am moving forward with my life?

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

ya same here. we are just weird i guess. COLLEGE COLLEGE COLLEGE!!!

Tori said...

I was sad...for 2 seconds. Yeah college!