Est. 12/09

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, April 22, 2013

Terror

It started as the most looked forward day of the year,
continually cheering,
continually inspired as they run by.
we get a text. a bomb. disbelief spreads.
How? Our friends are there.
Panic.
Our friends are running.
Our friends should be crossing the line.
Speechless, I sit in a daze watching the news.
The news seems to be on repeat
As a talk to my dad, I feel the tears swell.
I know people there.
Why aren't they answering?
Texts roll in,
but not from the friends I am looking for,
people I haven't talked to in months reach out to me,
worried for my safety,
but I'm not the one in danger.
Why aren't they answering?
We huddle around the tv,
all we have is each other.
Finally, sighs of relief,
 as one by one I hear of friend's safety.
But whoever did this is out there.
and people are hurt.
Innocent, strong and talented people,
their families weren't as lucky as me.
Rumors continue.
Will there be more?
Are we safe?
Should we leave?
More panic.
Civilian heroes emerge,
Boston doesn't back down.
The community remains strong.

-----------------------------------------

A week passes,
we get texts of lockdowns,
this time I am safe in North Carolina.
He is running,
just 19,
how could he induce this much terror?
Why would he induce this much terror?
Boston becomes a ghost town in search.
Boston remains strong,
forcing me to do the same.
Faith in my city,
Faith in my home.
House by house,
he is still running.
How can I focus,
when he is two miles from my friends?
I run for Boston.
I run for those who couldn't.
I keep my mind elsewhere.
The lockdown ends,
but he continues to run.

---------------------------------------

Finally.
good news.
Eyes glued to the TV once again,
my faith does not waver,
Boston is strong.
we got him.
alive.
God bless America,
There are not enough thank yous
that will suffice for our police
and the celebrations begin,
cheers nationwide,
Boston remains strong.
Wicked strong.


1 comment:

Caitlin said...

i love this. especially wicked strong. :)