Est. 12/09

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Counting Down

Our days are numbered.
We are almost done;
almost won.
Watching our final achievement approach--
closer, closer.
Glimpses are all we know,
waiting for awareness.
Stuck in the binds of anticipation;
of frustration.
The sands run slowly,
but my heart beats fast.

The open road lies before us,
but we are left static;
left erratic.
Packing up our pasts,
to make room for our futures.
Tasting freedom on our tongues,
but our taste buds are tinged with a bitter note.
Memories flash past,
gone too fast
Auld Lang Syne lingers,
But our fingers are on fast forward.

Everything we want
personifies smoke;
is it a joke?
Visually attractive,
yet somehow intangible.
The reality of the situation
has yet to set in.
Time flashes before our eyes,
need to realize.
Thirteen years of dreams
are about to come true.

Taking my final walk
My saunter seems to slow;
all alone.
Crossing the finish line,
Awarded with personal triumph.
The room is silent; still
within my blurry vision.
My unsteady legs come to a stop;
nearly drop.
I finally grasp the ticket
to the rest of my life.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

my fave poem of yours. i really like it. love the line, the sands run slowly and packing up our pasts,

Kimberly said...

i was just going to comment on the sand running out reminds me of matisyahu. haha but ahhh this is so good. yayy i want the ticket to rest of my life! counting down the days. seems unreal.