Est. 12/09

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, June 10, 2010

STATES!

Recently, I had one of the best weekends of my life. States for track. I qualified in the long jump :) Memorial day weekend, I packed my bag and headed to Shippensburg. Thursday morning, I met with the other qualifiers from my town (5 others), and we loaded into the mini van. Its tradition to stop at Ruthies dinner for breakfast. I figured this diner would be about halfway to Shippensburg. But no, it was 15 minutes away from my home town. I dont see why it is so special, but nonetheless it was a fun start.


Upon arriving Thursday, tents were being set up, and runners were getting ready for Fridays events. I put on my spikes to join the other athletes. After warm ups we piled into the minivans and went to Olive garden, another tradition. After going through about 20 baskets of bread and our meal we stopped at Walmart on the way to the hotel.


At Walmart the boys 4x4 team thought they would be sneaky and buy little water guns. Kim C and I saw what they were doing and bought water balloons without them knowing. Once we reached the hotel, we got right to work! It was very difficult to fill the balloons and the faucet filler that came with the balloons didnt work, and we had to rely on our instincts. We probably broke more than we filled. But we were ready! When we heard the knock on the door, we knew what was coming. We opened the door and the boys squirted us thinking they were so clever. Until we fired our water balloons. The looks on their faces were priceless as they screamed their realization that we had balloons. This turned into a full out water fight in the hotel hallway. Luckily, our coaches and the hotel staff never yelled at us. The hallway was soaked! I think it is safe to say the girls won :) This was the definitely the highlight of my trip.

The next day it was time to compete. The stadium was packed. The bleachers were completely filled and people watched from all around the track. I ended up jumping the worst I have ever jumped that season, but the experience was fantastic! Hopefully, I will get the chance to compete next year at states! Friday night was hung out at the hotel, and stayed up until 2. We then woke up to watch the other Kim compete. She placed 5th! It was great watching the meet, almost all the races were neck and neck! I will never forget this weekend!


Peace out Ugliesss :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!
Gotta love water fights, especially indoors.

Caitlin said...

hahaha! and i love when you update me during the two mile :)